And that’s what happened!
My little star gave birth to 4 puppies who we have named Saavik, Sulu, Shinzon and Sela.
Lessons learned from the pregnancy and birthing experience:
- You don’t need to have your dog give birth at a vet clinic. Just as long as you are prepared.
- Your dog will tell you she’s about to give birth. I swear my little star tried to talk and let us know this was it. Pay attention!
- Have a birthing place ready for your mother to be. It’s bound to get messy and she’ll feel the change in temperature so a warm place with lots of clean cloth on hand is great.
- Have a water bottle on hand. My little star got really thirsty after the birthing.
- Have a great vet you can trust. Just in case there is an emergency, you may need help. I got lucky we had no need for one but it was reassuring that we had our vet aware and one phone call away.